I'm Married! What do I do now? 

Here are your wedding "aftercare" instructions! 



Congratulations! You're married now! The fun part is behind us, and now we need to focus on the paperwork. Lets complete the steps in finalzing the legal end of your marriage!


Step 1 :  Obtain Your Certified Copy 


You and your officiant made a choice after the ceremony on who would turn the paperwork back to your county clerk. If your officiant KEPT your paperwork, please give IWD ample time to mail the license (First class mail) to the corresponding clerks office,  and the clerk approximately a week to receive and input your license to the state database. You can check the status of your license  HERE ON THE STATE DATABASE . You can then contact the clerks office to arrange your CERTIFIED COPY be sent you you.


* Marion county residents, there is a small form in your large white envelope that you can must mail into the Marion County Clerks Office to ensure your CERTIFIED COPY will be delivered to you. 


If you kept your license, you can just take it directly to the clerks office. They will produce your CERTIFIED COPY on the spot, 




Step 2 : Optional Name Change


Once you have your CERTIFIED COPY you can opt to change your name. Your first stop is at the Social Security Office near you.  Here is a link to further assist you!


If you need further assistance, please feel free to CONTACT US 






Book Indiana Wedding Design for your special day.
Call us for more information!


  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon

© 2023 Indiana Wedding Design |  Tel: 317-677-3276

Indianapolis, IN 46254